I love to hike! Long before I was a runner, I was an avid hiker. I spent several formative years living in Germany, and had the opportunity to climb many mountains with my parents and sister. Later, we moved to New York State and my Dad continued to expand our hiking opportunities with great Adirondack hikes.
When my sister moved to Oregon, I discovered the most amazing landscape in the central Oregon Cascades. Over the years, we’ve enjoyed many family adventures on our visits to see her.
We have a wonderful photographic record of our trips, and in this section, I’ll add narrative to preserve our stories.
- Old Snowy Mountain – August 2006
- Elk-Kings – August 2010
- South Sister (Climber’s Trail) – August 2010
- Windy Ridge to Loowit Falls – August 7, 2015
- Timberline to Zigzag Canyon – August 8, 2015
- Four in One Cone – August 10, 2015
- Deschutes River Trail & Green Lakes via Fall Creek – August 11, 2015
- Ramona Falls to Bald Mountain – August 15, 2015
- Kings Mountain – August 2018
- Elk Meadows to Gnarl Ridge – August 2018
- Hamilton Mountain – August 2018